Sunday, April 3, 2011

Terrific Speaking Engagement at SEPC2011

I got to speak at an amazing conference on Saturday called the South Eastern Panhellenic Conference. It was filled with amazing Sorority Women Leaders, Posh Panhellenic Peeps, and awesome other speakers!

I was so lucky and blessed to be a part of the Jean H. Wells Leadership Series- Omega Program. My room was packed with women and a few men.... they had to bring in extra chairs. I had a young lady faint during the beginning of my presentation but we were able to get her up and out of the room. She left in style saying "Y'all will never forget about this." I heard she was taken to the hospital to be checked out and I hope everything turns out ok for her.

The rest of the talk went of without a hitch. I felt so supported by the audience with their attention and even tears.

I got so many Facebook and Twitter Followers afterwards and even during :) The feedback from these people has been unbelievable. I haven't gotten to see the evaluations yet, but can't wait.

I want to thank the young lady that confided in me my after I spoke. She was so brave in telling me her story and I know she will find healing!

If you or a friend are sexually assaulted... Please call 1-800-656-HOPE or check out the online hotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment